Thursday, July 22, 2010

From across the pond

Well I've got just a few minutes before I head out to meet an old friend for dinner. We met two and a half years ago when I was working in London with Diva Opera and he was working as a lawyer.

Here's a picture of me as Hansel with Rebecca Hodgetts as Gretel (photo courtesy of Christian Steinhausen)

After going through our various personal histories we realized that we had actually graduated Columbia University the very same day, had stood on the quad together during the ceremony and then met seven years later. What a funny world. He has been in Iraq working as a JAG for the last year, so I am so eager to hear what his experiences were like.

My trip here so far has been very unoperatic (save for a failed attempt to go and see The Duchess of Malfi at English National Opera because it's completely sold out! Off to Sweden tomorrow for six days of intense singing, then back for another weekend in London, one of my very favorite cities in the whole world!

No comments:

Post a Comment