Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Arts in Crisis

Ever since we started building The Opera Insider, I feel like I have learned so much more about opera, classical music, and the arts in general than I ever did when I was whole-heartedly immersed in it as a singer only. Today I read about a fantastic initiative put forth by the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. The initiative is called Arts in Crisis, and you can find detailed information on their website: www.artsincrisis.org. In their own words, their goal is "to provide emergency planning assistance to struggling arts organizations throughout the United States. Expanding on previously existing arts management programs at the Kennedy Center, Arts in Crisis will provide free consulting from both Kennedy Center President Michael M. Kaiser and members of the Kennedy Center's executive staff."

No comments:

Post a Comment