Monday, July 19, 2010

Heading to Europe

Tomorrow I leave for Europe, London first for a few days, then a week in Sweden, then two days back in London before heading back home. As many of you already know thanks to Gale Martin's lovely write-up, I'm also a singer and have recently gone through a change from mezzo to soprano. The change has been relatively easy (no huge identity crises, very little weeping, a feeling that not only does the new rep really does sit well in my voice but that the characters are also individuals I'm very interested in getting to know, etc), but there is still so much growth and development left to be done. My wonderful and soulful teacher, Jean-Ronald (Ron) LaFond, who is the author of an incredibly thoughtful and brilliant blog on vocal technique called "Kashudo: The Way of the Singer" is giving a three day masterclass for just five of his students on the lovely island of Tjorn, and then will teach a few more days in Gothenburg City. Sadly I won't get to see beautiful Stockholm this time around, but it's still early in life and of course I will just have to wait until another time to visit there.

I hope to have internet access and keep you up to date on the goings on over there, but in the meantime please do excuse me if I'm slightly less active here and on Twitter, as I spend a week devoted to the passion I spent years trying to push aside and am now delighting in discovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment